PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You're Fired!"
Thread: "You're Fired!"
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 16:40
gravity victim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought she was one of the best of a mixed bunch on the show, and fell foul of Sugar's 'anti-lawyer' chippiness. And she speaks warmly of her time in the RAF - this is from her website:

"I was starting to get itchy feet. As a teenager I was really involved in the Air Training Corps and always wondered about the Royal Air Force. I ended up joining in April 1998 - the best move I have ever made! The next 6 years were a whirlwind of amazing experiences in amazing places. I met the best people you could ever hope to meet; I flew in numerous helicopters, twice in the back of Hercules and had the honour of a backseat flight in a Tornado F3 whilst on a 7 month tour in the Falkland Islands.

It was only after meeting one of the men in my life (Darren) and giving birth to the other
(Cameron) that I decided that I had to leave the job I loved.

I found myself in the strange position of being (I thought) highly qualified but unable to get a job
which had the responsibility and professional satisfaction which I had enjoy in the RAF. No-one really seemed to understand what I could bring to the table. So when the opportunity arose to apply to join the company of one of the most successful businessmen in Britain, I jumped at the chance. And the rest, as they say, is history."