PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Strikes Fin on Cable During PFL
Old 9th Mar 2006, 13:14
Sir Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just caught up with this thread after some time surfing the air over foreign lands I was interested to read the AAIB report on the cable strike. I think the conclusion says all that needs to be said - 20 feet is too low.
It is reckless in the extreme to assume too much in aviation - you may think something's safe but the reality is often different. Safety is what is paramount.
Scapegoat searches are often driven by a desire to get one's own back - I detected that here. But there are disturbing issues in the defence shown by some club/RAF members - let's have the truth out in the open to see what can be done to improve things for EVERYONE. If all can learn from what happened at this club, knuckles gently wrapped and practices changed for the better then we should all be happy.
That will leave Moray FC to continue with their remarkably cheap flying (only for RAF members I believe) at this major RAF front line airbase.
Nice to know my taxes are being spent so wisely and fairly keeping so many in the air who may not otherwise want to afford the pleasure.