PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The QANTAS thread
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 04:17
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the individual did work as i asked him the question. He said that several FAAA officials were going and were on the ground on FAAA leave and some on days off, and that he was pay protected and worked that day. He did an auckland day trip to offset pay protection..... i guess when FAAA officials sit in the office they get critisised for not flying

The official concerned said to me that not one flight attendant has raised it with him at all and was surprised that it was even being discussed. His comment to me was well i guess i understand their sentiment in expecting all officials to be there but sometimes its hard to juggle flying and FAAA duties.

I asked him how he felt about working on that day and he said to me that he felt that in hindsight he probably should have dropped the 15 hours pay protection but that would have been about 800 or 900 bucks which he was sure his members would understand..

he indicated that he would discuss it with anyone that wanted to talk about it and wished that people raised their concern with him directly so that he could discuss it