PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Philippine ATO memorandum circular 01-06
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 02:51
flyboy72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by e6b
nj won't get sacked because he didn't do the right thing: which was not to sign circular 01-06 in the first place. And whoever told you that 01-06 was implemented to prevent unresponsible pilots from "padding" their flight time is feeding you a cart of carabao dung.
01-06 is a tool to be used by the airlines to prevent targeted pilots from renewing their licenses. If you can't renew, you won't be current. If you're not current, no chance for outside employment/license conversion.
Simple as that.
I guess that's the way you look at or read into 01-06. What I am trying to say e6 is if you can get a cert of flt time, there is no reason why you can't get a "clearance"...unless of course you have a problem with management. e6, the ATO wants to make it clear that 01-06 does not prevent you from seeking employment in greener pastures...it is just an added requirement which they figure shouldn't be so hard to get.

You said "if you can't renew, you won't be current"...no kidding sherlock. You are only looking at one side of the coin, the side where "pilots in RP are the least paid in the industry, or it sucks to work in PAL, or the now gripe of we are being prevented from seeking greener pastures".

We know that PAL is the worst as far as salary is concerned, so why did some pilots go back to PAL after the ' 97 pilot strike...because it's practical...ok then they chose to go back in their own free will WITHOUT THE BENEFITS that they use to enjoy...a choice was made. Or why did new pilots join PAL...career advancement...again a choice was made. Why do PAL pilots leave...because of the salary (a fact they new from the start)...and again a choice was made.

Some pilots have left PAL because their new employer is willing to pay for their Contract with PAL...e6b, in your opinion do you think that is right? Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't there 12-16 A320 Captains that "packed up and left" for a Chinese employer because the employer was willing to buy-out the contract? I understand if they left one by one, but all together? So e6b, are these the oppressed pilots your talking about. LOOK AT IT ON THE OTHERSIDE!

Right now, PAL pilots are spending more time figuring out how to "scheme" out of PAL...so in any case, would you be surprised if management "schemes" to prevent one from leaving. Get a grip on reality E6B...PAL pilots are not exactly saints either.

I've actually spoken to a couple of Cebupac drivers and they've actually said "they joined Cebupac because the 320 is coming, and employment outside is abundant for 320"...so e6...was that quote in the interest of the company, or self interest.

If the pay in the Philippines is so little, then it is...nothing you can do to change that in the near future...but like they say "live within your means". Now if you can't because you live a life higher than the average Filipino (pilot salaries are way, way higher than the average Filipino by the way), maybe have "extra-curricular activities" then that's a different forum all together.