PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GOM Hiring Minimums heading down...Good News for the young'uns!
Old 9th Mar 2006, 00:44
PPRUNE FAN#1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pass the smelling salts!

Mike Suldo, President of Air Logistics (A Bristow Company) says, and I quote (I can't believe I'm quoting this, but here goes):
I believe that we are competitive with most of the rest of the industry in total compensation packages, and it seems to be moving up all the time (as it should be).
<COUGH> <COUGH> <SNORT> Whoa! You know that sound (fermented) grape juice makes as it gets ejected out the nose and onto the keyboard? I just made it. A classic "spit take" right out of '50s sitcom. If I had cartoon eyes, they'd be bugging right out of my head, held on only by the wires that attach them.

Did I just hear that right? Did Mike friggin' SULDO just say that compensation should be moving up all the time? What the...did Mike just have a brain aneurysm? Alert the media! I'm getting too old for this - ye olde ticker can't take it much longer.

A somewhat controversial figure and a guy we love to poke fun at, actually Suldo has always been a good egg. It's just that in his former life, when it came to doing right by his pilots, he always found himself being held down by The Man...or more correctly, The woMan in the form of one Carroll W. Suggs who has thankfully departed aviation for greener but no doubt soggier and mouldier pastures in the wake of a nasty little thunderstorm by the name of Katrina that came ashore and rearranged her New Orleans neighborhood not long ago. Glad to see that Mike has had a change of heart. Let's hope that he uses his newfound benevolence wisely - especially in terms of Air Log's next union contract!