PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba euro fleet lgw
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 12:56
WeLieInTheShadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard the same rumours but have had no official communication from the union or BA.

There isn't normally any smoke without fire, but until I see it in writing then I'm reluctant to put anything on here which may sway people to choose "their fate" so to speak.

I'm sure it will all come out in the coming days, so everyone will just have to be patient (I've been patient for over 8 years so a few more days isn't going to make much difference.)

To answer you question Lusky.

People may be a bit cheesed off because at EFLGW promotion is very quick and done on merit (eligable after 2 years service), on all other fleets it's done on date of joining (invite, then interview). I think invites are at joiners in 1991 (that could be wrong but just what an old mate on WW told me 2 weeks ago).

So...you can see the difference, and the potential for upset when all of a sudden the list gets longer because EFLGW pursers could transfer direct into WWLHR taking up promotion slots etc etc.

Wouldn't suprise me if there is some clause in the new agreement putting the brakes on this.

Without being within the company yet it's difficult to understand, but believe me it's all very complicated and emotive.

If it does all come up roses for us, all I can say is..it's been a long time coming!