PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Sad day at Dragonair
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 11:01
Feather Boa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Sad day at Dragonair

Hi All
We at KA are generally reluctant to air our dirty laundry on these public and anonymous forums, however today at Dragonair the management have decided to terminate 2 of our colleagues.
As a basic outline, the Pilot Group in KA are in Contract Compliance and after schedule disruption the guys involved chose not to work on a day off whilst downroute, causing major disruption to the company.
I joined KA a few years back and it was not a bad place to be, but how things have changed in such a short space of time.
The 2 guys involved are not "trouble makers", they are very highly thought of both as Captains in our airline and great guys to have a beer with, I believe the management that fired them would agree with me on this.

The guys made a decision and I'm not writing to discuss the pro's and con's of their decision, perhaps some disciplinary action was justified, but to fire them is a disgrace. I'm writing to ensure that all future employees (and current ones) of Dragonair are aware of the management and their attitude towards the pilot group.
I dont wish to sound too dramatic but I firmly believe today moral in KA is as low as it has ever been. It really is a very sad Day

Fx

Last edited by Feather Boa; 7th Mar 2006 at 12:34.