PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 777 rosters
Thread: EK 777 rosters
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 02:32
bus canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown internationally-so I think I know the fatigue issue.
Uhm, no. Not like EK. Try, as I did, over 110 hours in 1 month including 2 ULH flights, 2 pretty damn close to ULH flights and a bunch of middle of the night stuff. While in North America the majority of flying is close to normal daylight, here most of the flying is 'back-of-the-clock'. Believe me, you have not seen the EK 'fatigue issue.'
Most of my friends here have been to the clinic because of fatigue related issues. Can you say that about your US colleages?
Currently a Capt. for a US carrier, but thought that the tax free $$ would make up for the change in lifestyle.
I know it works on paper, but reality may be different. It does depend on your lifestyle choices. You do end up spending a lot of money on trips back home and other things to make up for the distance from family. After your annual leave ticket, there's no free travel like you presently have. My guess is that it'd be close to a wash. You may lose a little, you may gain a little.
[Disclaimer: I am stronging against the idea of DECs - EK does not need them and they are not welcome. However, I know it is EK's fault, not yours.]