PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Dispatchers
Thread: BA Dispatchers
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2006, 22:42
older_wiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Ton

What you say, is what i have heard. I must admit i am not suprised i sensed it may be coming but i always suspected that the staff would fight it off.
It is true that many other airlines do use CLC, notably one of your main competitors in T3, However i do not like the fact and i certainly do not think it improves flexibility at the aircraft to have non load control trained staff or should i say people who have the authority to retrim aircraft.
When i was a load controller / Dispatcher i would quite often instruct the ramp to freeload cargo or baggage etc within certain specifications eg DGR etc, this often speeded up the turnaround keeping the airline happy.
An example of how not having a LC trained person at the aircraft slowing things down through redtape was told to me by a neighbour of mine who works as a Team leader in T3, A flight was trimmed with 20 empty ulds and the TCO said they had to be loaded as per trim, as everyone with half a brain would know this is a slow process, the offshoot was the Flight got delayed and the TCO blamed the handling agent for slow loading, basically because the TCO couldn't or wouldn't use common sense.
When or if CLC comes to BA beware, if they start with CLC locally how long before it moves to India ?