PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2006, 00:08
Muddy Boots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muddy Boots Revealed!

Dear All,

I'm Muddy Boots and my name is Trevor Wright. As I sit here writing this I am on my boat in Marina Del Rel is Los Angeles California not at OAT in Oxfordshire as has been previously suggested.

I've been away for the last couple of days and come back to find the original thread that I posted has become a witch hunt by conspiracy theorists thinking that I must surely work for OAT because I want to hear some positive feed back. So am I right in thinking that if you say something positive for OAT you work for them and if you say something negative you must work for the opposition?

I am 36 years old and will almost certainly choose Oxford if I'm brave enough to take the plunge and have a career change. I have visited other schools and like Oxford, it suits me and feel that I will be getting a structured course for my money.

Why is it that Oxford gets some much stick when there are other schools that are similar and charge about the same? Why do you never hear anyone ever slate FTE at Jerez? I visited it and hated it, it felt like an open prison in the middle of no where and their sims were old. Having said that there are a couple of decent guys I know who loved it and have started there now and good luck to them.

I started the thread in all innocence because I truly wanted to connect with other OAT students and grads to hear their thoughts and experiences, this fortunatley has happened.

As for the money, yes 60k is a lot of cash however in the grand scheme of things considering the career it opens up to you isn't that much. I know people who owe more for law school or an MBA, infact people spend that on cars, although not me...

Where have I been for the last couple of days? At Goodyear checking out Oxford's good weather base to try and give myself a push over the edge and commit.

Now please chill out! I'm not posting from Oxford!

Yours,
Muddy Boots