PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do I seriously need to worry.....
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 16:30
GFYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q: Do I need to worry?

Ans: No.

Forgive me St. Giles, but looking for a flying job for 8 months isn't long. Your qualifications, averages, etc are all very good successes however you must remember that there has been very little recruitment over the past three or four years. You are swimming in a crowded pool.

Granted there are people out there who've been looking for less time than yourself and may have landed a job but they are very few and far between in my opinion. As an instructor, I've continued to build my hours, experience and crucially my contacts all with a view to achieving the goal of landing that job. What I've also done is seen the previous few years students come back in to the school for IR renewals having not flown significantly since the last renewal. For me, it has only JUST payed off after several years.

Best advice I can give. Keep flying in some context, keep building experience and qualifications. Whilst I don't expect you'll be waiting four years with the market becoming more bouyant by the day, you may be waiting a little while longer. You may get a phone call on monday for that matter, but worrying will get you no closer to the top of the pile. Keep plugging away at it.

Best of luck.

GFYA