PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 4th Mar 2006, 11:06
demandpump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies and encouragement.

The thing is this. If I were to come back with my own CPL. I wouldn't be so keen to join SIA anymore. Several reasons:
1. I'll be too old for the cadet pilot selection
2. They wouldn't accept me, because my name is blacklisted. (Having failed the final interview many moons ago)
3. Even if they did take me in, I don't see any sense in me spending so much time and money to get my own commercial ticket, just to have to go through their training regime all over again. Too much time spent there.

I would rather (if at all possible) work for a regional or cargo operator, either up north, or down south to gain the hours. Never mind if they use an old musty, rusty tin can of a 737-200. Heck, I may even be flying russian aircraft. I believe there's more experience to be gained there.

But anyway, here's some background info of myself. I attained my restricted PPL a couple years ago after being bitten by the flying bug. Unfortunately I was not successful at the SQ final interviews. Discouraged and disappointed, I forced flying out of my mind, and vowed never to go near an airplane again. So I packed up, and went abroad to get an IT degree. I've been working in the IT sector for 2 years now. But my mind always wanders skywards, and I still secretly yearn to achieve that elusive dream.

As in the words of Leonardo da Vinci:
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Once again, thanks for all the responses.

Last edited by demandpump; 28th Apr 2006 at 14:26.