PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vic Police Air Wing On The Move?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 08:49
maxeemum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L1POB0

From your handle (landed 1 ACFT no pax) I suspect you are ex mil, in fact you know you are. Don't know if NVG is a must however will help heaps. EMS and Pol air all going to be NVG eventually (better SA and no more black hole night unaided apps with the night sun). NVG Currently the domain of the mil. This will change as folks are trained up however, at present NVG new commers may be too expensive to insure and hence ex mil (NVG Qualified) folks will probably get the gig. I suspect that means > 10 hrs NVG and not the full faced fives from last century. This has been the recent experience with Aust Helicopters, and no I'm not at Esso.

Requiremets for Esso, CHC, Bristows as a CAPT, lotsa multi (1500 hrs In Comd min) and at least 3000 hrs Heli. The rest depends upon Market forces. Most folks have the tot heli but can't get enough china graph to log the multi.

Vic Pol succuessful in their NVG trial however CASA yet to approve full time NVG ops in their AOC.

Birdie tells me they will advertise soon, however this is for a C & T posn.

Rivnut-All good stuff agree with all you have said. Still **** money to punch a med level twin around IFR and maintain a CIR and potentially operate on NVG's. As I said it depends on what floats your heli, given the choice and the mix of guys at Esso I would/will choose Esso.

Either way both good options.

Good luck to all.

Max

Last edited by maxeemum; 4th Mar 2006 at 10:22.