PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stop encouraging... (merged with 'Is there any hope')
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 23:50
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard today about another friend who has a job. Low hours, no type rating, onto a 737. Just been having a beer with a friend who is moving on, was working single-crew for a Danish company now to be working for a UK operator, so there's a job that will need filling by someone with some experience in a job that itself will need fillling by a low-hour pilot.

Lots of jobs around, and A320 is showing a great demonstration of the type of person who doesn't get those jobs. Thanks A320.

guimaraes

I am not sure why you are talking about facts, without knowing a lot about the industry where there are few hard facts and many opinionated amateurs. I was warned against paying for a type rating even though I could find the money. It can be a help, bu can also be a hindrance in finding a job.

More than 100 airlines? For a start who is restricting themselves to airlines? There are more than 100 operators in the UK, let alone Europe!

Most of the people I taught, many of whom now have jobs, were not rich. They would be offended to hear people assume that if they were thin-skinned and not too busy enjoying their work!