PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stop encouraging... (merged with 'Is there any hope')
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 18:18
guimaraes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by moggiee
Way, way wide of the mark. Many of our customers are far from rich. In fact, most have to save hard from their earnings to obtain a CPL, IR, MCC and FIC. One such pilot has just, after 9 months as an FI, landed a job with easyjet.

He got that job because he passed their selection - and he put himself in a position to go for that selection by sheer hard work and ability. For the record, he is one of the best "team" people that I have ever seen in my 10 years teaching LOFT, JOC and MCC - being a "rich kid" played no part in him getting where he is today.
No matter what you say,and what examples you give me,the fact is its a rich kids' job.The one who can buy TR and hours has better chance to get a job than me who can barely afford fATPL.You can agree or disagree,but it is a FACT.Not to mention the advantage you guys from EU states have versus me from non-EU state.Just not being a EU citizen,makes me not employable in more than 100 airlines.And I have to go through the same process to get a licence as you guys do.
There is much injustice in world of aviation,but if you like it very much you'll go through everything to reach your goal...