PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stop encouraging... (merged with 'Is there any hope')
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 11:12
A320rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh my god, it s all about me now, you project your frustration on me, so you can feel better.!!
why can you just be honest, and stop dreaming about a flying job.

when you invest 100'000 euro in a training, have you thought it would take 3-4 years to refund your training, and IF you are paid.

How many people are you going to encourage to follow this expensive path (aviation lottery)

Each time you encourage one of these young chaps,he jeopardizes his life and the life of his family. Many families are now in trouble with their bank. They have lost their home, lost their money...

and I am really fedup with your kiddy posts like :"follow you dream, if you don't you will never know...."this is so naive and so childish! why don't you say instead: "go ahead, if you don't find a job, I will pay you back!" , or "here the money for you".
you think you give good advise but you don't take any responsability.

I spoke with an airline manager last day , he told me he does not want people he did not train, want young chaps between 21-23 yeqrs old with 0 hour, and he has 3000 application every year, and he selects only 10-15 guys.

all Cv with hours go directly to the bin.

I am proposing to:

1- stop encouraging students to become an airline pilot.
2-stop telling them to buy for a type rating
3-stop telling them that flying a plane as a commercial pilot is fun
4-do not answer from wanabee questions
5-be just negative (as I am)and moan the best you can
6-be realistic and destroy overconfidence or even confidence.
7-tell the truth about you, and how hard it is.
8-etc