PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETSTAR PILOTS
Thread: JETSTAR PILOTS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 01:05
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=oicur12]Chris
“Yes, the pilots have experience and I don't know where this feeling of inferiority comes from that you have to defend your colleagues in this way.”
I am very good friends with many Jetstar pilots but none of them feel inferior at all. I asked you this question – “Do you know what experience levels the crew actually have at Jetstar?” as a result of some of the disparaging remarks you made such as:
“What will you make of the kind of personality and with what personal standards will those people conduct themselves in this profession by going against the wishes of the many? A whole airline full of back-stabbers? That should be a great place to work!”
And especially this:
”If you don't pay people properly you will attract those with lower abilities, problems in their personal and training backgrounds, lower total time and lower intellect. I've seen the damage this has done.”

Yes Oicur,

My entire argument is based upon protecting the future of the industry not about the existing staff that have worked hard for less than they should. Why you would suggest that is a good idea to do that for a company that is highly profitable is beyond me.

You may have no shortage of Emirates, ex AN, or even Singapore or Cathay guys that are feeling homesick for the first short while of operation, but that supply will quickly dry up and then what? If the world market for airline labour picks up as predicted, you'll be left with the ones that come to an interview with all kinds of problems in their history-and like the mutual fund disclaimer, might be used to predict an outcome in the future.

Last edited by Chris Higgins; 2nd Mar 2006 at 01:31.