PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you have done?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 15:00
GorgeousKiwiGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess it depends on which company you work for and which country you are in.

In New Zealand where I worked as a Flight Attendant, it is a Civil Aviation law that all mobile phones must be switched off until well inside the terminal.

Rules and regulations are there for a reason. Last sector or not the passenger should have been reprimanded.

We had it happen all the time. 99% of the time the pax would appologise profusely and turn the phone off. However we did have one young lady who kept turning her phone back on during the flight. Between the other CC and I, we must have asked her 4-5 times to turn it back off. In the end I went to the young lady in question and informed her that I had repeatedly asked her politely to turn her mobile off. I also explained to her that I had told her the last time I saw her using it that if she was caught with it on again she would be fined $10,000 as per NZ and CAA law. Upon landing, surely enough her phone rang!! The CSM on the flight got up out of her seat, took the phone off the young lady, switched it off and she was handed over to security, fined $10,000 and banned to fly with the airline.

Last edited by GorgeousKiwiGal; 3rd Mar 2006 at 12:03.