PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETSTAR PILOTS
Thread: JETSTAR PILOTS
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 11:54
oicur12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris

“Yes, the pilots have experience and I don't know where this feeling of inferiority comes from that you have to defend your colleagues in this way.”

I am very good friends with many Jetstar pilots but none of them feel inferior at all. I asked you this question – “Do you know what experience levels the crew actually have at Jetstar?” as a result of some of the disparaging remarks you made such as:

“What will you make of the kind of personality and with what personal standards will those people conduct themselves in this profession by going against the wishes of the many? A whole airline full of back-stabbers? That should be a great place to work!”

And especially this:

”If you don't pay people properly you will attract those with lower abilities, problems in their personal and training backgrounds, lower total time and lower intellect. I've seen the damage this has done.”

I may have misunderstood the thrust of your argument – please let me know if this is the case.

“Your data on Southwest is incorrect. It paid well from the first day of operation, not only in immediate terms of employment but in "sweat equity" stock disbursements. Many flight attendants that started in the beginning became millionaires just off the stock alone”

According to the 2004 airline salary survey and career earnings comparison (and many other sources), Southwest airlines ranked tenth out of twelve airlines for 30 year career value and you guessed it, ranked the best for low pilot turnover. Delta ranked first for career value. I have no information regarding cabin crew salary.

Lookin Down,

I am having trouble deciphering your post as it is little more than rabble but I will attempt to respond where possible.

‘You have poo pooed just about every suggestion that's been posted and I'm yet to see a constuctive alternatve from you....”

An alternative to what exactly?

“You made some comment about pilot pay being in a higher income bracket for hours worked. Bit like many aussie workers especially in the resources sector. Your point would be??”

I am not really sure what you are asking with this question.

“And the next one is a doozie! There are no differences between equally qualified pilots?”

No, actually what I said was this “What exactly is a higher level candidate in piloting terms? Surely if your cockpit crew meets minimum standards of safety and efficiency then there would be no need to offer a premium to attract the “higher level candidate” you refer to. Surely a safe pilot is just as good as a really really safe pilot that costs more.”

Why exactly is such a comment a “doozie”.