PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 11:49
e6b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all; those who got their flight time for "free".
I know guys from the Philippine Air Force who have done great service to our Motherland, if what they got was "free" flight time, I believe they deserve a lot better than that.
PAL Aviation Cadets: in my batch there were 2000 applicants and only 20 were chosen. We were the best of the best and we deserved it. Not to mention the kind of "Dodo" we had to go through; and once we graduated from flying school and flew on the line, same old .
Your parents worked hard to help you become a pilot, good for you.
But don't even for once think that pilots from the PAF and PAL AV School do not deserve their wings.
Some of my friends went back to PAL during the strike with a heavy heart. They did it not out of greed to fast track their career but for their families. If you are like these good souls then I have no quarrel with you. I wish you peace and prosperity.
But for the real ESKIROL, i just can't find it in my heart to break bread with them. Not because I lost my "bottom of the food chain" position, but rather, it was a betrayal of trust.
You're right, let God decide. That's the law of Karma, eventually you get what's coming to you, if not in this life, then the next...

Last edited by e6b; 2nd Mar 2006 at 05:05.