PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sterling downsizing.....
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 10:00
rembrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question

Originally Posted by boeing737-700
Dear JIM NASTY.......

Did I hit a raw nerve, dude

First if all I am not ex Maersk Air, nor have I ever been, but I do have close friends, with whom I have shared my general aviation career, who are ex. Maersk, so perhaps I am a little biased, I apologize for that. (General aviation, you know the flying you do instead of paying Sterling Airlines 200.000 kr. to get a contract job)

If you think that I am ex Maersk, based on my username, I can tell you that there are other -700 operators out here, or will you imply that cfm56-3 must be ex Maersk 737-500. (Sorry to use your username for comparison, CFM56-3, just making a point.)
If you furthermore assume that I am Maersk because I wrote my reply in CAPITAL LETTERS, then you would still be wrong, perhaps you are a little CASE SENSITIVE. (meant to be a joke)

Here is how I see it, and it is nothing but my personal opinion based on first/second hand information and a lot of publicly available info, not only privy to insiders. You can do searches on Børsen, Standby.dk, Take-off etc.

quote ".....you guys are just to easy to manouver around" well, then why do you have any problems with ex. maersk.

quote "the sooner you realise that Sterling gave the blue guys a "take it or leave it offer" the sooner Sterling will return to business and be able to move on.
What a kind gesture from Sterling, a take it or leave it offer, what offer are you refering to?? And why will Sterling be able to return to business, are they not capable of running the business right now, and why would that be, is that also to blame on ex. Maersk crew, or did Sterling perhaps bite off more than they can chew????

quote "with regards to legal action, well I'm shure (your spelling not mine) it will be welcomed by anyone in Sterling management, it will finally decide your fate on the seniority list. Remember your blue date of hire in Sterling."
Why would any sane management be welcoming legal action for any reason??? How will legal action with regard to wrongful (alledged) dismissal, decide anyones fate (interesting choise of word by the way) on the seniority list??? How can they have a blue date of hire in a red company????

quote "Wake up and smell the coffee, accept the fact that you beloved company Maersk Air sadly (I would imagine that ex Maersk guys and girls will thank you for that short but kind word) is history - turn your anger towards Hr. Møller and his gang instead of Sterling - everybody in Sterling RED is sick and tired of listening to this blue bitching on the line.
I do not smell coffee, all I can smell is **** hitting the fan.
Why turn their anger towards Hr. Møller and his gang (I believe they are called associates in big business) you may be able to label them gang when you refer to Sterling. In fact what Hr. Møller has done, is nothing short of a stroke of genius. Rather than shutting down a company (Maersk Air) which is not core business, and would have cost them around a reported 1 billion kroner, they elected to give Maersk Air to Islandic Investors, to merge with Sterling, for a reported 300 million kroner, and let FONS / Sterling do their dirty work for them. (Like it or not)
How can everybody in Sterling RED be sick and tired of listening to the blue bitching on the line, as far as I am told you guys don't even fly together on the line, all you do is share a common crewroom, which I believe used to be th maersk crewroom, just as management have moved in to ex maersk administration buildings at the airport.

NOW TELL ME IS THERE SOMETHING I HAVE NOT COVERED.

Furthermore, some observations I have made in the press.....

When Fons took over Sterling early 2005, they promised the Scandinavian people low cost flights across the atlantic in the near future. Where are these flights, and do you think that you will be on that flightdeck, my advise is don't hold your breath.

Sterling has proclaimed that they will be operating a fleet of 80-100 aircraft some 3-5 years after FONS took over, current status is that they have reduced the fleet from 30 aircraft to around 27 aircraft, laid off over 100 admin. staff, a large number of mechanics and now first officers, regardless of them being RED or BLUE. Where do you see this company heading????

Sterling have announced big expansion plans in Finland, now it may be operated by FLY ME/LITHUANIAN, interesting to note that those companies are owned by FONS, who are scalling down Sterlings operation on order to further their own operation.

I GUESS IT IS SO EASY TO BLAME MAERSK AIR FOR ALL THE SHORTCOMINGS OF STERLING.

WHY NOT BLAME IT ON STERLING MANAGEMENT, WHO BY ALL ACCOUNTS HAVE NO AVIATION EXPERIENCE. LETS FACE IT THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN AN AIRLINE FROM THE INSIDE, BEFORE THEY TOOK OFFICE EARLY 2005.

I think that RED and BLUE should stick together and be prepared to face management together, that way you will all be better off, you mark my words

As mentioned earlier, this is only my 2 cents worth, did not mean to offend anybody. Gotta go, life is to short.........

One last mention though, if you believe that someone paying 200.000 kr for their typerating is entitled to squeeze pilots with a min. of 5 years seniority, in a merged company, out of a job you are nothing less than dilutional. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for buying your typerating to gain entry to the Airlines, if it tickles your fancy, it is a personal choice, but it should not be at the expense of already employed pilots.

aviation sucks........ Thank you, and goodnight !

can I ask one question, do you guys know which are the most succesful airlines in Europe today and by what sort of people they are run? One is an accountant that had never been in an airline, the other airline was established by a ship owner. I think what is needed is actually less aviation experience because the ones that are in the business for the last 20 years have not been awake to smell the coffee.