PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 07:15
e6b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cessna1052
Yes, you're right many are remnants of the pilot's strike, a moved instigated by the Some greedy senior pilots, who always tell the junior pilots during meetings at ALPAP" dont worry you're time will come.." but who's to blame? the Union can't support all familys around it(families of the scabs you mention). Lessons from the past, gain some and lose many. Kaptin M? you must be one of those who did not go back to PAL.
What about the greedy junior pilots: "THE SEVEN DWARVES"; who thought it was "their time" and jumped to get ahead of everyone. The first "crack" that brought the whole thing down.
if no one went back in the first place then everything would have worked out. But I guess we Filipinos aren't that enlightened enough, just look at what's going on in our country right now, we never learn. You have to be one hell of a patriot not to be thinking of jumping ship.
True, there were a lot of senior guys and I'm glad that I don't have to greet them "sir, good morning sir!" anymore, but that's not the point. There was a STRIKE VOTE, if you voted "NO", i respect that. If you voted "YES", then be a man and live up to your word! If you voted "YES" but meant "NO", then you're an idiot!
Now that there is no more union in PAL, pilots are treated like dirt and who is to blame? The scabs who went back "for the love of PAL" are in exodus.I was a Fokker-50 F/O back in '98; bottom of the food chain. True, a lot of the junior guys who stuck it out had to go back eventually because they had nothing to feed their families...I have nothing against them. I even share a San Mig with them once in a while. But with real scabs, that's a different matter...

Last edited by e6b; 2nd Mar 2006 at 05:03.