PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETSTAR PILOTS
Thread: JETSTAR PILOTS
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 03:59
LookinDown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oicur you've got to be kidding mate.

You have poo pooed just about every suggestion that's been posted and I'm yet to see a constuctive alternatve from you....

You made some comment about pilot pay being in a higher income bracket for hours worked. Bit like many aussie workers especially in the resources sector. Your point would be?? Pilots are already appropriately paid for their duties?? Pilots dont have a right to seek fair remuneration for workload and increased workload??

Re offers of pay rises to retain staff about to jump ship. Are you really saying that the waving of a proposal/promise/review of company re-organisation of those factors that relate directly to job morale other than salary is going to deter someone from taking up another job offer short term? They twiddle their thumbs on the same pay scale for goodness knows how long while management get their act together, maybe?

No. The pay rise offer is just to keep them there long enough to see whether structural reforms are fair dinkum.

And the next one is a doozie! There are no differences between equally qualified pilots?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
My goodness QF you have been wasting everyone's time and money with your Cadet Program. In fact your direct entry process is a blantant waste of effort. Just take first in best dressed cause the candidates are all clones in actual fact with the same pieces of paper.

What's that old instructor addage? Dont let someone solo unless you would be happy to be left bound and gagged and sitting next to them (or behind them in the last row). Hmm. Don't know I'd feel too happy about doing that with every single person on the planet who happens to have the same piece of paper.

Throws gauntlet down