PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Screaming Virgin doesn't like it rough? (or VA F/A screams during turbulence)
Old 28th Feb 2006, 19:45
skyboy1919

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

This subject is very interesting for me, because I myself have been cabin crew for a number of years, flying on everything from an ATR to a 747 and recently was a passenger on a southwest flight that experienced what I would class as severe turbulance. Flight Attendent hit the roof, trolleys went everywhere we dropped out the sky and were being thrown from side to side. Throughout the whole thing I stayed clam, even shouting at passengers to calm down and helped a crew member who was injured by a cart. Since the event, every little bit of turbulance we get ( espically as a passenger, where I think you notice it more ) has been making me feeling pretty nervous. Now I have not been screaming or anything like that, but it does go to show that even the most experienced of crew can get a fright. I am HOPING it will pass with time, I know the logic behind turbulance, so I know I should not be too afraid, but for someone who has not experienced anything like it ( for example, this may have been a newish crew member, or someone who did the job, but was not always completly comfortable with the experience ) it could be pretty frightening.Problem is however Virgin look at it, as far as I am concerned, what use is she going to be in an emergency!

I feel sorry for the girl, but you cannot have a crew member responding to something like turbulance in that way. Imagine a decompression, which is far more frightening, how would she respond to that? And would she be any use to passengers, the whole reason crew are on board ( some airlines do tend to think its just to look good, I prefer the crew to look good, they just need to be useful too )