PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forces Go Soft On Drugs
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 16:33
16 blades

Short Blunt Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THS,

Exactly the response I was expecting. You may be a 'blue' voter (possibly due to your background, I don't know - I used to be a 'Red' voter because of my background, until I actually became TRULY enlightened and saw that lot for what they are) but your attitudes betray utterly typical blind trendy 'liberalism'. As do your utterly typical smear tactics - if I (or anyone else) do not see things the 'modern' way, I am not 'enlightened', as you claim to be? I can assure you that I am VERY enlightened when it comes to drug culture. I have lived amongst it and seen it happening all around me. The difference is, I do not resign myself to accepting it just because I see it around me. Just because many are doing it, that DOES NOT make it acceptable.

As I've already mentioned do you honestly believe alcohol, a drug (yes thats what it is folks) that can cause violence, depression, liver damage and lead to serious addiction problems and all the linked problems that entails would ever be legalised if it were discovered tomorrow?
Try reading my post again, oh 'enlightened' one, and you will discover that I already addressed this point you are trying to make (and, in fact, I predicted, accurately, that you would make it).
drugs have only been in widespread use for a relatively short period of time, and have caused devastation.
Again, read before you reply. I have emboldened the key word in this statement to make it easier for you.

No, my friend, I'm afraid it is YOU who have swallowed the trendy propaganda of the pro-drugs lobby who have pressurised this pathetic govt into softening drugs policy, flying in the face of mounting and manifold medical evidence of the harm caused. You are guilty of believing that your narrow social circle represents society as a whole (again, wholly typical of your breed) - you need to open your eyes before it is too late.

PUO,

Re-read my post that you quoted.
only a tiny proportion of adults use illegal drugs, and these are mostly to be found in two distinct groups - young urban professionals (the trendy fabled 'Notting Hill set' being a perfect example) and worthless council estate chavs.
Again, key word emboldened. At no point did I infer exclusivity to these groups, merely a trend. Note also that I said 'ADULTS'. Students are not adults in my eyes. They are largely arrogant kids who think they know it all, but will very quickly discover tht they do not.

At least 40% of my friends outside the Air Force use illegal drugs
Then you need to get some new friends. Seriously.

Which would you rather work with; the guy who has the occasional joint to relax and is fresh faced the next day or the one who drinks 10 shandys a night and is hungover all next day?
Being well aware of the TRUE effects of cannabis, and having witnessed first-hand the kind of devastation that even mild long-term use can create, I will fly with the hung-over bloke ANY DAY. And so would anybody else with half a brain.

With the attitudes you have both displayed and the admissions you have both made, It is my sincerest hope that the company plods that peruse these boards make every effort to track you down and expose you, extracting information from you on exactly who these 'right people' are and hunting them down too. There is NO place in the Armed Forces for illegal drug use. PERIOD.

I sincerely hope that NEITHER of you are responsible for any subordinates.

16B