PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Screaming Virgin doesn't like it rough? (or VA F/A screams during turbulence)
Old 28th Feb 2006, 15:06
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe worth mentioning here that Flight Crew's definition of "Severe" is very often different to that of Cabin Crew. As a general rule, CC tend to call the degree of turb one higher than on the pilot scale. A Pilots' "Light" is often described as "Moderate" by CC, and Pilots' "Moderate" is often called "Severe" down the back. This is not just because of the fact that the ride is harsher down the back, but also because Pilots & CC are different animals, with different ways of expressing themselves. In 26 years, I've been in a lot of light/moderate, occasional moderate and severe only twice. Both the severe involved crew injuries (fortunately minor) and a lot of screaming.

jettesen's Nashville roller coaster sounds very unpleasant. I'd be surprised if it was actually Severe turb all the way, since that might raise a question about the suitability of flying that route on the day: However, he was there, and I wasn't, so I'll accept that it was very bad indeed!!

Not being a pilot myself, I'm out on a limb here, so I'll see if I can get someone who is to pass comment.