PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Screaming Virgin doesn't like it rough? (or VA F/A screams during turbulence)
Old 28th Feb 2006, 13:34
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The flight deck will always keep passengers informed of expected flying conditions and where possible will try to avoid areas of expected turbulence.
The flight deck??? really? now the flight deck speaks and can even fly the plane?
Sorry...one thing is airline "slang" but to print it on a paper....flight CREW might be more appropriate maybe....? I wouldn't like to be referred to as the "aircraft interiors" myself on a national newspaper!!

Just for the record, while I appreciate that one might want to scream in such situation, a cabin crew should keep their fears to themselves. Otherwise what would they do if they received the fanmous emergency call to report to the F/D???? Pre-meditated emergency landing/ditching??? That crew member is definitely in the wrong job, or very, VERY inexperienced.

And to finish it here, the daily mail said that severe turbulence went on and on for 30 minutes........I am sure it was not the case as in such situations the flight crew would climb, descend or find another way to make the ride a bit less rocky for everybody - including themselves. 30 minutes sounds a bit too long, I experienced such turbulence myself (and most of us) and I know what it feels like!!! As for the passengers being thrown in the air........how many times do we say that??? KEEP YOUR BELT FASTENED AT ALL TIMES WHEN SEATED!!!!

In all honesty, I can smell burnt, big time.

FBW