PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Line Maintenance Issues
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 09:46
chemical alli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil lame pay structure

Originally Posted by numbskull
I too am perturbed by the rumour that we wont get paid any extra for the A380 licence if we get it.

However the LAME pay structure allows for an advancement in grade(equivelant to an extra rating-almost) after each 4 yrs has passed to recognise experience in the industry.

Under the "old" scale pre 1996 we would have lost a payment for the P&W JT9eng and presumably 747-200/300 A/F and ENG (shortly). This would leave those with QF international licences no better off than if they lost payment for those redundant licences and gained a payment for the A380.

For those guys who wouls argue that they don't have the 747 Cassic licence or the JT9- you guys have had at least one and probably two regrades despite no training that you wouldn't have had otherwise. u can't have your cake and it it too!! much as I would like!!
yes you are so right we have had regrades and redundant licences but may i say who wanted the lame pay structure so badly ,the company and we voted they accepted when it suited them so know it suits us ill have a black forest thanks