PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fortress Moorabbin
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 23:50
UnderneathTheRadar
When you live....

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VH-XXX
UTR - As for being not informed, you are not entirely correct. They have had signs up there since last October / November informing you that in mid January gates would become active. Extension after extension has led to them now becoming active.
Are you saying that I was informed and that you know I was but somehow I missed that I was? So, if I was visiting from interstate on my once a year trip to MB exactly how was it that I was informed? When you fly to airfields you don't usually visit how do you determine what's important? ERSA and NOTAM!
Back to the main point though - even if I had been informed, at 8pm on Sunday night when arriving, how would being informed have gotten me out any faster?

Originally Posted by VH-XXX
If you need permanent access or for more than the 48 hours, simply call the Management office and get a card issued. This takes about 10 minutes, costs $10 and arrives within only a couple of days.
Not strictly true - should read "call AT the management office" which makes a weekend visit (in Friday night, out early Monday morning) impossible to achieve.

To paraphrase Hung Start - why can't I use my ASIC! To restate my earlier question, how do I pick up an aircraft out of hours? To me the system doesn't cover all situations whereby pilots can legitimately need to access the airport.

UTR.