PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'F15 Board of Inquiry Report - Support Group Response
Old 27th Feb 2006, 16:14
CBrough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by southside
This ATCer gets my full support. We all know the rules and fly by the rules. When a CFIT is conducted it is the responsibility of the aircrew. Not the ATCO. If you are flying in cloud and you hit a piece of Scotland then you and only you are responsible. They should have known where they were with regard to the piece of rock and they should have avoided it.
I utterly agree with you southside , but another key fact to me is the BOIs ignorance when dealing with eye witnesses' accounts. I can understand some scepticism when noise complaints contain aw my gawd, that plane was just above my chimney that was....etc ; however, I believe that most sane-minded individuals can count (1 or 2 tails), or see if the Eagles were in a echelon or arrow formation instead of GR-4 lead trail. Why do the BOI choose to discount such evidence, even though it was accepted by previous procedings???
Is it not about time that this issue was put to bed and some belated common sense prevailed ? Those individuals involved could be getting on with their lives if it wasn't for those with a scapegoat-hunting license. I am stunned when I consider what goes through the tiny minds of those so intent on punishing the ATCO, and lets NOT forget any family.