PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forces Go Soft On Drugs
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 15:07
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wyler,
I'd like to be sympathetic to your cause old man, however the fact remains that alchohol (whether we like it or not) is a LEGAL drug, and class A drugs are ILLEGAL. Now what is your argumant with that point?

We either have laws that we obey such as drug abuse, or we have laws that we can choose NOT to obey. That cannot be right. I am by no means an expert, however I remember very well my drugs lecture in the service where the nice man spouted on about 'flashbacks' and how they can occur much later on in time. If that is true, then I sure as hell wouldn't want someone who has been on drugs tinkering with my aircraft, or anything else comes to that.

I am not belittling the alcohol problem. If its as bad as you say then clearly something needs to be done, but for goodness sake, please do NOT let the 'goody goody' brigade get involved in allowing drug abusers second chances in the services. It is just too dangerous and MUST NOT be allowed to happen.

The rules should be clear and concise - IF YOU TAKE ILLEGAL DRUGS, OF ANY SORT, THEN YOU ARE OUT ON YOUR AR$E.

Rant over
Regards
TSM