PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA plan could slash staff pensions by a third
Old 26th Feb 2006, 15:16
Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to work for BACX, but saw the writing on the wall and left - never been so glad to see the back of a Company. Never ever EVER in a zillion years will I have anything to do with BA again. However, for a variety of reasons, my pension has remained where it was, deferred and ideally maturing nicely. In fact, it's more likely in a bit of a mess. I cannot help but wonder what the problem IS with BA, more specifically, why they are so unwilling to join the pension issues since they are represented by the same union and the issue is identical. I could entirely understand the BA position as described by HS if support for BACon meant dilution of the BA position, or reduction in any monetary factor, but it doesn't. Equally, I am surprised there is not more of a fuss going on within BACon itself - I know there is no longer an FS scheme there, but there must still be over 50% of the Company, not just pilots, who are members - why are they not raising cain about it - come on guys, that's my future too you know!
I'd like to hear from any present BACon guys who have any answers - HS, I think you have said enough for the next year or so, a period of silence would be much appreciated - you are neither being helpful or constructive.