PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Good Oil
Thread: The Good Oil
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2006, 09:22
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was telling my daughter about those days just recently...bigbastard engines and no-one had ever heard the expression 'fuel economy'.

I first had a motor bike too in early 77 then as soon as I was old enough for a car licence got one...bigbastard Valiant Charger with Hemi 265...truly bullet proof engine and gearbox but the body was just crap...fecking thing just rusted away in front of you...especially behind the rear wheel arches and around the door hinges...remember those huge doors

My one was white like the one herehttp://members.optusnet.com.au/iroc-z/oz/oz1.html

But way cool as you rounded a corner and some long haired 70s beauty with 70s style boob tube and Levis would give you the peace sign and mouth the words "Hey Charger!"...ok more often than not it was some pimply faced 14 yr old brat You would then plant it and 'smoke the bags' with nary a care in the world for the price of tyres or petrol.

My Brother hand a Sandman with about 3 different horns and whistles and teardrop tinted windows in rear...blue printed hugemongous engine... Ya right....we are getting old

And ya tell youngans these days and they just don't believe you

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 25th Feb 2006 at 09:44.