PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hiring Frenzy
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2006, 22:56
flydubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Thanks for the info Outta heresoon. Something I did not know and it is really good to get a heads up on all of this.

Gee - it's really interesting reading these posts. I have lived as an expat before and am totally aware of the bitching that we all get into - as we forget how we have chosen to live abroad largely because of the better conditions.

I thought I was getting into DXB early in the good days before LOTS of people began to really exploit the fantastic lifestyle (thats what we expats do to a large extent) but it seems as if the bubble has burst ??

Or have people ALWAYS bitched and talked with lots of reference to 'the good old days'. I have probably written this in the wrong post as it is not in reference what the kind pre posters have said - I thank you guys for your info. This is not at all directed to anyone's comments specifically.

I am just having a rave and posing the theory that things always seem rosier in your first couple of years abroad. I remain optimistic about living over there and am more determined than ever to remain positive about the situation as I am guilty of giving places my 3 years and scurrying home because things 'changed'.