PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA plan could slash staff pensions by a third
Old 23rd Feb 2006, 12:29
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hand Solo
Give me a break! I'm not talking about DVD's, i'm refering to VIDEOS. Videos that were produced around 6 years ago and sent to many a Pilot's home via the Royal Mail. A video that was professionally produced and edited and sent to over 2000 BALPA members. BA BALPA members.

I'd also like to know how "BA Pilots provide proportionally more funds to BALPA than their memberships numbers represent" Do you pay more than 1%? Not only do your maths not add up but now you're implying that a BA's Pilot 1% is worth more than the 1% of a non BA pilot. Explain how that works then? If anything, it's the reverse. Due to good allowances and flight pay structure, Pilots in BA will contribute to BALPA a lower percentage of their final nett pay than most other Airlines' Pilots who's pay is predominantly based on basic with few extras.

If BA do decide to reduce your retirement benefits and I sincerely hope they don't, then I recommend you put together a far better reasoned and factual argument to fight your case than simply treating dissenters as idiots.