PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA plan could slash staff pensions by a third
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 17:58
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BYMONEK - I can buy blank DVDs for about 20p a shot, so if BALPA bought them bulk I reckon they could get them down to 2p each. A bit of video work costs barely a few hundred quid and if BALPA are paying more then I can recommend somebody who'll do the job cheaper. All in all BA pilots provide proportionally far more funds to BALPA than their memberships numbers represent so whats the big deal about them getting a DVD/newsletter/free bookmark etc etc.

Corelli - You're clearly entrenched in your viewpoint, but as has been pointed out countless times before, BACX was not the same as CFE. You were given two bases, 16 aircraft, lots of routes and direct seniority list access to BA for anyone on the RJ100 with the only concession asked being some BA pilots on the RJ. Your company council turned it down. You want to kick up a stink about your pension deficit? Then ask your company council what they are doing about. I think your days would be a lot easier if you dropped the idea that because your company is owned by BA then the BA pilots are responsible for sorting out all your woes.