PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA plan could slash staff pensions by a third
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 12:32
the heavy heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'Yeah, right!!!!!
Try telling that to the BRAL/BACX/BACON pilots who were in the same position as the CityFlyer guys.'

sorry chap, your not in the same position as the cityflyer guys.

it was BA's decision to integrate cityflyer into the mainline operation and not balpa's! once BA decided to integrate balpa did a very good job in getting the cityflyer boys a very good deal, a feeling which most of the boys i've flown with seem to hold.

your position at bral/bacx/bacon is very different. the company would appear to have no interest in bringing the regional ops into the mainline company. since ba bought your operations with the intention of running low cost regional ops, to replace the existing BA regional ops, exactly what would you expect balpa and your fellow balpa members to do about it?

i applied and was interviewed by ba and signed a contract that contained certain t&c's. i can only assume that whatever contract you signed is being honoured by your employer.

i am heading into a dispute because my t&c's look like they are about to be drastically changed. i DO NOT expect atr pilots in manchester to be supporting me, nor do i expect them to be moaning that i'm not interested in involving myself in a dispute that has nothing to do with me.

i hope that all pilot groups, in whatever company, with whatever background fight like tigers to protect their t&c's. i'll be fighting for mine and for those of my colleagues at BA.