PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba euro fleet lgw
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 09:35
banewboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clarification please!

ok here goes:
i get all this simple onefleet, singlefleet, insertnameherefleet stuff, i get that lhr ef, lhr ww and lgw ww are presently on different contracts to lgw ef. i get that if the agreement goes through lgw ww will be offered lhr ww and that it's highly likely that those operating lhr ww on temporary contracts will be offered lgw insertnameherefleet. this means that the totality of lgw and lhr are on different contracts. i don't think it's that confusing. ba are obviously turning lgw into it's none business (but high end) leisure travellers from lgw and everything else from lhr.

this makes good business sense to separate the type of traveller.

So: i have been offered lgw ef, which is likely to shortly become lgw insertnameherefleet, i already do a mixture for a charter company near to home, i want to move down to london work my cute little flight attendant bottom off on ef (lgw then with any luck lhr) and eventually (some time within the next decade) be migrated on to permanent ww so i can be at home with my mummy and daddy and 2 kitty wittys and my everso nice boyfriend. however what is becoming more apparent is that it takes time to get from lgw to lhr so what i really want is a definative answers:

if the changes happen how will this affect me moving from lgw to lhr? at present how long is it likely to take me to get from lgw to lhr? (i have been told everything from 2 years to 6 years) is it (on average) correct that when i get to lhr it takes approx 2 years to get onto ww fleet? when did the last transfer list last open? when will it next open? how long will it be before i could (or should) put my name on it after starting? ba at present have no domestic presence within travel distance between ema and middlesborough and nothing east of the penines what is the chance of them setting up london commute services with the rapidly growing dsa? if i get onto ww fleet what is the easiest way of commuting to lhr? ba connect? or car? what cn i expect to go home with (on average) at lgw? how good is the bidding system? will i be able to bid for as many nsa as possible? and finally what is the difference between the words affect and effect and when should they be used?

lots of questions but i need lots of answers as there seems to be so much contradiction on here, thanks guys!