PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 19:04
Maxx Motoring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Murrenfan,

You're obviously a Delta pilot, I'm furloughed from another major carrier there, and there are about 20 other of us Americans here as well.

It may seem hard to believe, but there is no two way comunication here what-so-ever between the management and the pilot group. The management holds a meeting once a year which is basically a policy cram-down, and if you don't like it leave type of inuendo.

Think about it, it's a airline managers dream here, no pesky unions to worry about representing the pilot group. They change policies here at-will always to the further detrament of the pilot group.

Those 22 Delta Captains that you say are coming here had better check with a couple of line pilots here to get the whole story before commiting. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have more Americans to fly with here, but it would be best if they came knowing the full story.

A couple questions they might want to ask a line pilot, but not necessarily ask at the interview.

1. How did the company handle the pilots involved in the Jo-berg incident?

2. Since the memo came out a few months back that overhauled our pay sceme from a credit based one, to pay for only scheduled block hours flown, has that rendered any of your vacation time worthless?

3. Do I have the opportunity to move if I don't like my issued villa?

4. What is the companies policy on Captains discression for extending duty time? Can you already go into discression before blocking out at home base?

5. What's the corporate culture like with DEC's coming in here at a higher pay rate than the actual instructor pilots that are training them, and what will it be like relying on the FO to help me get into all these god-forsaken places when he's knowing full well that your taking his paycheck?

If the guys are all okay with the answers to these questions, then welcome, can't wait to fly with y'all!