PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 14:46
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a good way to start if you "...dont want to turn this into yet another modular vs integrated argument...", Busbo!
...for a large number of airlines if you had two identical candidates in every way possible, one modular and one integrated then the integrated might sneak it
Why do you say this? I know of many where the reverse would usually be the case, as the modular student is likely to have more hours. I know of arlines saying they will only take integrated but neither caring nor, seemingly, knowing when they finally select candidates. Many others simply would not know or care - it is very clear from some that they don't even know the difference, and wouldn't even recognise which course someone had been on, as it doesn't matter to them! I could also tell you at least one flying organisation that would not use integrated graduates, as the system produces pilots with the wrong attitudes for their purpose; most of their competitors are likely to find the same.

That point is the core. The (many) people I know who have found jobs in the last few months have all got their because of their attitude and personality, that is the final point and I hbave been told attitude is the reason I got this job.