PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Philippine ATO memorandum circular 01-06
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 08:14
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I have said this before to you E6B, it is an idiotic idea on the part of the ATO and whoever they are coniving with. Also, renewing your ATPL is a personal matter, all they should care about is whether you have renewed it or not, full stop. Don't even start to think "why" they are doing this to pilots as the only answer you will get are lies to serve their interest especially if businessmen and politicians are involved.
They think all of you are so gullible to fall for this crap and won't be able to do or say anything about it. Unfortunately, that might be exactly how the cookie crumbles in this country.
I'd seriously think about getting the US FAA ATP and get the hell out of there faster than you can say "go".

"In the Interest of National Safety and Security" they say? .... now let's see... how will charging you every 6 months to renew your license or having a clearance from your "employer" in the interest of national security ?
Now, who's the terrorists here ? you or them ? This whole fiasco has more holes than a colander. I can only shake my head.

Bisaya - all the best, good luck mate. Give me a ring next time you're in Sydney.

DeltaSix