PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - German Citation crash in Iraq
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2006, 13:02
Avrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAZ says that the plane is missing since Thursday evening. Pilots reported no problems till radio contact broke off close to the town Halabdscha in the northeast of the country.

Strange is only that the passenger listing of the FAZ article is a bit contradictional. At the beginning it's saying four Germans and one Iraqi on board, later on it states: five passengers on board and in the end the company boss is fearing for the life of four of his employees (including two pilots). Additionally a German and Iraqi mediator shall have been on board. I may be wrong but if the mediator is none of his employees there would have been six on board, but why do they mention five in the beginning? They are even referring to the passenger list, which our foreign ministry shall have.

Source: http://www.faz.net/s/Rub21DD40806F83...~Scontent.html

So I suppose they are either lost in the middle of nowhere while no information is being given to the authorities, or the wreckage is still around in the mountains with a total loss of all lives, or we might encounter something else again like Germany is going through with those two engineers, who are being held hostage for political reasons there right now. If the wrong people were around that is. Three possibilities and I really wish that the first one proves true and that they will be found alive or have perhaps already been. News might spread slowly there. And luckily northern Iraq is not Sunnite territory.

Edit: Another one: http://de.today.reuters.com/news/new...K-FLUGZEUG.xml

Reuters says that the search is still being carried out by more than 1000 people, mong them local people and five US soldiers. Problem is the mountain region the wreckage is probably located in, with deep snow preventing the search from being more efficient.

Last edited by Avrel; 18th Feb 2006 at 13:43.