PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLIGHTSTORE sold my details!
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2006, 12:55
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone alleged that LOOP used postal addresses from Flightstore's database to send out LOOP magazine.
In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I think we'll have to accept Flightstores response on that.

Flightstore have not now, ever or will ever give our customers details to ANYONE. We are happy to confirm that we did NOT give your details to LOOP magazine

I hate unsolicited mail as much as anyone, and have made complaints to our own national regular in the past. I also thought that what Flightstore did was wrong, when first reported by TC_LTN.

However, following Flightstore response I have no problem with what they did. I accept that they never gave me email nor postal address to anyone else. I also accept that, other than this one email, that I have never in the past got an unsolicited email from Flightstore. And finally, and most importantly, I accept that Flightstore sent this email in my best interests, and in GA's best interest.

For that, they have my full support, even if you could argue that they have technically infringed the DPA (which I wouldn't agree they have, but that's what Lawyers are for!).

Flightstore. Thank you

I think that you will find that to the recipients and the Data Protection Act there is no material difference between what LOOP and Flightstore did and the situation if LOOP had been given/bought the database from Flightstore
Well, to this recipient, it is a world of difference. Making a once off email in my interest, is a long way away from handing over my email address to a third party to use/sell as they feel like.

dp