PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS ATCO Pay Deal Accepted
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2006, 13:52
AeroBatfink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flower
Yes so do many of us but i am getting rather tired of hearing people have a go at others because they have different reasons for doing a particular job.
I had my motivation for applying to NATS called into question on a public forum - I think I'm entitled to defend myself. I don't believe I had a go at anybody. If you're referring to this comment:
Originally Posted by AeroBatfink
I couldn't agree more - I wouldn't want to end up at the college with an embittered failed pilot either... or for that matter with someone who is only in it for the money, or someone who believes it's their god-given, transmissible right to work in ATC.
...it was intended as a context to bring up this point:
Originally Posted by AeroBatfink
But then, we could end up working alongside any one of the people we're at the college with, so I'm of the opinion that it would probably be a good idea to make the effort to get on with everyone.
By the way, I'm also fully aware that I'm not the only one in this situation, and anything I write is only written from my own perspective. That's also the case for anyone else on here and shouldn't need pointing out.
It is driving me nuts... to hear people not in the job yet saying that only they should be going to interviews as they are the only one who wants the job...
I might be missing something in a post I've skimmed over, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone on here saying that...
The college and validation training sorts the wheat from the chaff, if you can do the job what does it matter what your reason is for being there.
I imagine so. I also think we're probably largely in agreement over a lot of what's been said; evidently earning reasonable money from work, although not my sole motivation, is still important to me (as it is to everybody), otherwise I wouldn't have written my original post on how the reduced training pay may prove a struggle for trainees with families. Obviously the vast majority of us work to provide an income, rather than just for the fun of it - it would just be nice to be one of the lucky few who actually enjoys how we earn that income.
Anyway, we seem to be drifting this topic away from the subject of the pay deal - my apologies for going OT...