PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will AO crew become JQ Int. or QF Mainline Crew
Old 17th Feb 2006, 03:59
mid assist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonique,
I hear where you're coming from. We have all worked hard the last 4 years to make this work. However you need to read between the lines, and how much truth is in it. AO to be axed I believe is a little over the top. Though AO is to fall into the QF mainline grouping, the brand might not go away. My understanding is, that AO will now be under the control of John Borgetti, therefore it will lose its independant tag. The CNS operation will stay and more than likely be expanded into more flying. What will happen to our Sydney operation is unclear at this stage.
What us crew, QF and AO should be fearing is the IR Laws which will probably come into effect late 06. The industry will no doubt change forever.
5 years ago QF crew feared AO would take over the world. Has it? No, now Jetstar is the new airline. What will happen to JQ if the media start over doing it on the bird flew thing again, if SARS comes back,the USA decides to become the worlds police and take over another helpless county (jo public stops travelling). AO has gone through all that in its short life.
Let's just see what happens! Safe flying all.
mid assist.