PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS , down the drain?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2006, 19:35
Blackcoffeenosugar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ehh.. Is there some greater truth I completly missed??

I am more than aware that my few years in airlines have not been glory filled- I have not flown for major carriers and I only fly heavy turboprops- this might be why there is something I missed completly.
Please enlighten me
SAS:
Does sas groupe not make money from SASBraathens, Blue1, Widerĝe, AirBaltic, Air Estonia and Spanair?
Is SAS Denmark, SAS Sweden and SAS International in the red?

Did the EU council not pass a law on feb 15th allowing all member states to prowide services in the whole EEC - i.e allowing SAS to use Blue1, Air Estonia and AirBaltic to fly.. Say B737/MD-90/Saab2000/F50 in scandinavia? Provided they put in the same hours- I know even temping security guards at ARN/CPH/OSL are making the same money as captains in these companies. Surely using eastern companies must be "cost saving" ??

If SAS are nationalizing the companies- Why can't they further "cost cut" by splitting up companies to say comprise of a "SAS Sweden Aircraft AB" and a "SAS Sweden Pilots AB" And leasing this back to "SAS Sweden AB"??
Now lets just be outrageous and assume one day "SAS Sweden Pilots AB" becomes to expensive- "SAS Sweden AB" could hire for example Air Estonia to fly "SAS Sweden Aircrafts"
Now "SAS Sweden Pilots AB" has no income and no activa (equty) it might go bankrupt!??
It must have past me by.. Doesn't SAS Groupe still make money??

I must be completly stupid.. I would have thought SAS pilots main consern should be consoledating the pilot unions in the whole SAS groupe and make sure somebody is "covering their backs" I can understand that spending time harrazing X-BU/LIN/SC colleages is fun, but arn't they loosing the war whilst doing so?
Here is a thought- America (USA) never lost a single battle in vietnam - Except the one for public opinion. They did however lose the war.