PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Interview & training (merged)
Old 16th Feb 2006, 17:19
concorde001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by striparella
Ground staff and Res i believe take on part time staff if you really do want to work for the company, it may be worth starting there. Shift work on the ground is far more flexible than crew if you're studying at the same time.
Once again Striparella, many thanks for your advice! Appreciate it . I may apply for groundstaff - when you say groundstaff is flexible, how flexible? incidently did you know of any students working for VS?
The only way i can see you getting round it is if you apply now for crew and don't tell them you plan on going back to education, work full time over the summer, and by the time your college course starts apply for one of the ground positions.
Wouldn't it just be easier to ask them before my college course starts if I can go part-time? But it's probably likely they will say see ya! I took your advice and contacted BD about part-time crew - hopefully will get a reply from them tomorrow, however I would love to work for VS!!!
Maybe someone can answer this question, why don't airlines generally recruit for part-time crew? Does it come down to money as usual?
Once again thank you - look forward to all your replies! (Cheers Striparella )

Last edited by concorde001; 16th Feb 2006 at 18:07.