PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2006, 11:15
ursopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are not professionals

"In no other profession is the "I got mine" mentality more prevalent than in ours. "
When have we joined the "pilot profession"? That does not exist period. We are white collar workers and you get what you deserve by jumping in front of colleagues for upgrade, working on your days off, taking accelerated command jobs, DEC, whatever is good for you no matter if it is professional or not. This is just how it is. This is a grown up world and you have to adapt. Money talks and bu*****T walks. We all got hurt in this business at one point or and other. You have to be street smart and be sure you are making the right choice of career. Luck is a big factor. Right timing is paramount. Right place right moment. No more. Not smarter, not better. C'mon guys, get serious for once and don't say you are professionals like Doctors, Dentists, and all the "real professionals" that have been approved legally. You have to know where you stand in this new world. Could be better, could be much worst. Anyway...Whatever! Can't believe I posted on pprune...