PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AN 320'S FLY THIS WEEKEND
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2001, 05:38
chips_with_everything

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

That's right... from ABC News Online

"Ansett's administrators have also confirmed tickets purchased before today are invalid, despite plans to relaunch eleven of the airline's planes.

The administrators are still working to determine if refunds will eventually be available for those ticket holders who are being treated as creditors."

Talk about setting themselves up to fail.

I wonder if the administrator's position is legal.

I think the guarantees the Govt are doing are limited to ticket value. Don't think there's anything guaranteeing hotel accommodation and transport home if they suspend flying while you are away. Don't think aircraft maintenance is necessarily assured either.

It will be very interesting to see how bookings are when they start flying on Saturday, I guess the next few days will prove the consumer confidence pudding.

Edit starts:-
I was thinking about the point of not honouring existing AN tickets while enjoying my lunch. I'm even more convinced this is a monumentally stupid decision. It's VERY bad business indeed.

1) The most critical asset AN has to protect and restore is the goodwill of its customers.
2) Carrying an existing ticket holder at least prevents them from spending their money with the competition.
3) The competition has been giving free or heavily discounted travel to AN ticket holders, so AN refusing a client's AN ticket sends a very unwelcoming message indeed.

Any AN people reading this:-

I strongly urge you to accept old tickets on a standby basis as a minimum. I recommend you go further and accept any AN coupons for travel, even if they are for a different route or are now date expired.

Best of luck on Saturday.

[ 27 September 2001: Message edited by: chips_with_everything ]