PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The QANTAS thread
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2006, 03:27
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eden…again as usual you are bending the truth…Everyone here knows that the faaa told us that unless we voted YES we would lose the flying to the AKL crew and even before the faaa were forced into holding a vote the company reneged and replaced 6 positions but here are some of the faaa’s newsletters..

WHY HAS THE FAAA AGREED TO PROVIDE DISPENSATION FOR THESE SHUTTLES?
1. The primary objective of the FAAA is to provide job security for our members. The transfer of our flying to overseas based crew (in this instance to NZ based crew) is not in the strategic interests of our membership or the long term viability of the Long Haul Division.
and….
The Company advised us that in order that Long Haul crew continue to operate the New York service, it would need slipping in New York to be discontinued and for the service to be done as a shuttle out of LAX. The Company is entitled to plan this sector up to 14 hours but since any shuttle would entail a duty of 14 hours 35 minutes, dispensation from the FAAA is required if Long Haul Australian crew are to be used.

and

• Withdrawal of the dispensation will result in NZ overseas based crew doing the shuttle. This will mean substantial displacement of our crew from LAX patterns.

And

The anonymous email refers to the fact that 6 AKL based crew will be on SOME LAX-JFK-LAX patterns…..

The operative word in that last sentence is the word “SOME”….as crew know the AKL crew are on every JFK shuttle…again another spin by the faaa on the facts…

Now your telling us the faaa never said we are to vote yes to prevent the JFK shuttles being crewed by AKL based crew?....

As I said before the vote the company wanted the dispensation and this was not about saving money by not slipping us in NewYork .The proof of this is that the company after it had received the dispensation has not replaced the AKL crew with Australian crew.

The company got what they wanted but what did we get…in a word shafted…

The vote should have been held by the AEC but was an inhouse vote.I can understand people wanting to vote YES after your scare campaign but I have not found one yet after nearly 3 months !!!!!

This is looking more like one of Joh’s genuine voting campaigns…

As for those of us who want a vote on important issues…you right we do …funny about that..The difference between a business and a union is that the business is run by a board or owner and they make the decisions.The union is supposed to be elected officials who represent the membership not dictate to the membership..this should be simple enough for even you to understand Eden..

To say individuals like myself misrepresent and disort the truth is beyond a joke and typical of those who are on a power trip and despise anyone who threatens that power.The faaa sent a newsletter out because they cannot stand anyone who voices a different opinion to themselves but like the press the faaa never lets the truth get in the way of a policy.

Hawkeye..Eden is on the union..read his posts..as well as guardian1 and I believe Pegasus..

On the seniority issue <i can understand both sides but before we say let's get rid of seniority bidding let's look at the alternatives and what proposals are put forward before anything else